In this fast-pacing technology world, no one has the patience to wait even for a fraction of seconds for a webpage to load or a file to be downloaded. If you have a Windows 10, having slow internet is one of the most frustrating things you have to deal with one or another day while browsing the web.
Most of the Windows 10 users are commonly seen complaining about slow internet speed while accessing various websites.
If you are also one of them and looking for the solution to avoid facing a decline in the internet speed then you have reached the right place.
Here, we will share some of the tricks that can help you to increase your broadband speed on your Windows 10 PC.
Turn off background apps
Many apps running in the background to update usually consume bandwidth, even some of these apps take up lots of bandwidth, which in turn slow down your internet speed. So, you have to turn off these background apps to save the bandwidth and speed up your browsing activities.
- Open Windows Settings window.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ option.
- You will see two panels after clicking the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Click ‘Background apps’ from the menu at the left panel.
- Turn Off Background apps from the option available at the right panel.
- It will turn off all the apps running in the background.
Enable limit reservable bandwidth
If you are unaware of this, you must know that among the total 100% of Windows 10 bandwidth, it uses only 80% of total bandwidth and leaves the remaining 20% for internal usage. It means you are not getting the complete speed of your internet connection, but still, you can increase the download speed by enabling the limit reserved bandwidth with the help of these steps.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the text box and click Ok.
- It will open the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ window.
- Now, you have to follow this route:
Computer Configuration<Administrative Templates< Network<QoS Packet Scheduler
- Locate ‘Limit reservable bandwidth’ from the QoS Packet Scheduler section.
- Double-click this option or make a right-click to select the edit option.
- Select ‘Enabled’ option from three given options- Enabled, Disabled and Non-Configured.
- Change the value of Bandwidth limit (%) to 0% and click Ok.
Delete DNS Cache and vacant Temp folder
One of the competent ways to boost the internet speed on Windows 10 is to delete the DNS cache data and delete all files from the Temp folder leaving it empty. Follow these steps and enhance the performance of your internet connection.
- Right-click the Start menu and select the Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu
- It will open the Administrator Command Prompt window, where you need to type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and press Enter on the keyboard. It will flush the DNS cache.
- Now, close the window.
- Press Windows Key + R and type %TEMP% and click Ok.
- The Temp window will open, where you have to select all temp files and folders by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Now, right-click and select ‘Delete’ option which will delete all the selected data together.
- Close the window and get back to the home screen.
- Restart your PC and you will notice a great improvement in the internet speed.
Turn off Updates delivery
When we are in hurry and cannot wait to open the sites quickly, we always look for one or another method which can help in boosting the internet speed and let you enjoy browsing the internet without any hassle. Turning off Updates delivery is also another method to increase the internet download speed on your PC. This method does not let the system to send the updated Windows files through P2P file sharing to other people. So, when you disable the Update Delivery Optimization setting of Windows, it works great in making downloads faster on PS4.
Simply, follow the given steps.
- Open the Start menu and select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, select and click ‘Update and Security’ option from the Settings window.
- Next, choose ‘Advanced options’.
- Once it is selected, you will get a new window, where you need to click on the link named as ‘Choose how updates are delivered’.
- Turn this setting Off.
Change DNS server
If still, you are finding the solution to increase your internet browsing speed, you can choose another method where you require changing the DNS server.
- Open the ‘Settings’ option from the Start menu.
- Select ‘Network & Internet’ option and click ‘Network & Sharing Center’.
- Choose ‘Change adapter settings’ from the left panel, which will take you to all active connections.
- You have to select the one which you are currently using.
- Right-click your current active connection and click ‘Properties’ option
- Now, locate ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4)’ from the list of checkboxes. Select this box and click the Properties option from the right-bottom of the window.
- Next, you will see two options from the second section of the window. Select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option
- Now, enter the following DNS address:
Preferred DNS Server- 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS Server- 184.108.40.206
Apart from these methods, there are several others that can help you to increase internet speed.
Try any of the above methods to speed up your internet connection and enjoy browsing the web.